Spelled quark rolls: instructions
If you bake your buns yourself, you can not only decide what is in them, but also save a lot of money. Use our delicious cottage cheese recipe and you’ll have hot scones on your plate in no time.
- For about 12 rolls you need 350 grams of spelled flour, 1 sachet of chemical yeast, 250 grams of low-fat cottage cheese, 50 milliliters of milk, 70 milliliters of water and a pinch of salt. To refine it, you can of course also mix sunflower, pumpkin or flax seeds into the dough.
- Now mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cottage cheese and milk. Knead the ingredients into a firm dough and gradually add the water.
- Then form the dough into a ball. Put the dough in a bowl that you cover with a kitchen cloth. Now you can let it sit for ten minutes.
- Now cut the dough into pieces. Form three buns from each quarter. The form belongs to you. You can round the rolls in the classic way or flatten them a bit.
- Once you’ve placed the rolls on the baking sheet, you can moisten them with a little water and sprinkle the seeds on top. However, this step is optional.
- Now put everything in the oven at 180°C heat up/down for about 30 minutes. Then let the rolls cool and you can serve them.
- Of course, you can also vary the ingredients in this recipe. If you don’t have low-fat cottage cheese on hand, you can use yogurt. Skyr yogurt in particular makes the muffins soft and chewy. You can also substitute the flour for wholemeal flour or wheat flour.