This article is for informational purposes only and no longer being updated by Seagate.
GoFlex Cinema – Frequently Asked Questions
frequently asked questions for GoFlex Cinema drives. What file types are supported?
- AVI (Xvid, MPEG 1/2/4, AVC, H.264), MPG/MPEG, VOB, ISO (DVD, BD), TS/TP/TRP (MPEG-2), M2TS/MP4/MOV (AVC, H.264), MKV (AVC, H.264, MPEG 2/4), FLV, ASF (VC-1, WMV9)
- MP3, WAV, AAC, MKA, FLAC, WMA, APE, OGG • LPCM, WMA Pro, Dolby Digital (within video file); Support for DTS pass through
- JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG • JPEG files up to 20 megapixels
- SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI
Why does the director’s cut audio track play over the movie?
This may happen if the movie ’ s standard audio file is a DTS file ( which is not supported ) but the extra conductor ’ s cut is in a unlike format that is supported.
thus in this case, the conductor ‘s cut audio file will play because it is the merely digest audio file the media actor can recognize .
If the merely audio file in the movie is a DTS file, the movie will play with no sound and the play along mistake will be displayed the on screen :
“DTS Audio is only supported with an external decoder.”
Are the 3 TB and 4 TB GoFlex drives supported by the GoFlex Cinema?
Yes, when formatted with a GPT partition. The GPT partition manner is recommended for unvoiced drives larger than 2 tuberculosis but some older operating systems ( chiefly Windows XP ) will not recognize hard drives formatted with a GPT partition stylus .
Why are there 2 USB ports on the GoFlex Cinema?
The 2 USB ports are there to make it easier to copy media to the GoFlex Cinema .
The Mini USB port is used as a client port. It can be used to connect a laptop ( or calculator ) to the GoFlex Cinema in orderliness to transfer media between the devices. When using this apparatus, the file transfers are facilitated via the laptop .
The standard USB port is used as a host port. It can be used to connect a USB external drive ( or digital camera ) to the GoFlex Cinema in order to transfer media between the devices. When using the apparatus, the file transfers are facilitated via the GoFlex Cinema .
Does GoFlex Cinema support USB Wi-Fi adapters?
No. The GoFlex Cinema has no network capabilities and does not support USB Wi-Fi adapters .
Where is the GoFlex Cinema available?
The GoFlex Cinema being sold into the european region at this time .
How can a commercial DVD be converted into a digital file?
unfortunately, ‘ripping ‘ a commercial DVD breaks the copy protection laws, and we do not support any of the widely available applications that can do this. What we support is file and booklet formats that are common to DVD structure, then long as they are free of Digital Rights Management transcript security .
How can I play files that are not in a supported format?
Video transcoding programs can convert a media file into a new file that has a unlike file type or codec. If a file type or codec is not supported, the file can be transcoded into a file type that is supported. There are free media transcoding softwares available including one called Handbrake that is supported on Mac OSX, Linux and Windows .
What are codecs?
Digital movies are created in many unlike formats, and each format requires its own codec to view the content, so codecs are nothing more than an interpreter. These codecs are flashed into the memory of the GoFlex television chipset and allow you to play MPEG XVID and DIVX formatted movie files .
How can the GoFlex Cinema step up my Home Theater game?
When you transition away from watching movies on a traditional DVD or Blu-Ray musician, and start using the GoFLex Cinema, you will find many advantages including :
- Instead of the busy look of bookshelves full of DVD cases, you can store all those movies right on the GoFlex Cinema. If you fill up the GoFlex Cinema with movies, you can add additional storage by connecting a USB external drive.
- Instead of trying to keep multiple 264-count DVD cases organized, you can save all those movies on the GoFlex Cinema and easily sort the movies alphabetically.
- Personally created video content from digital camcorders and digital cameras can be played without having to make (burn) DVD’s.
- Movies in digital format will not get scratches like many CDs and DVDs get over time.
- A digital movie collection saved to the GoFlex Cinema is portable. You can take the media player and your entire movie (media) collection on a family vacation, business trip, or to the lake house.
- You can save all your baby’s pictures from their first year and play them as a slideshow at the First birthday party.
If I use the ‘reset button’, will it erase my data?
No. The reset button will not erase your data !
The reset button can perform 2 functions :
- Reset all the GoFlex Cinema Settings
- Toggle between PAL, NTSC and HDMI
If you press and hold the Reset button for 5 securities and exchange commission – 10 securities and exchange commission, the GoFlex Cinema will perform a Factory Reset .
If you press and hold the Reset button for longer than 10 seconds, the television receiver System setting on the multimedia drive toggles among PAL, NTSC and HDMI.
The Reset clitoris is located on the back of the GoFlex Cinema media player arranger, left of the 2 USB ports .
A newspaper snip is the commend tool for pressing the reset button .