Russian salad recipe – basic ingredients needed
For two servings you will need:
- 200 grams of potatoes
- 150 g white ham or Lyon sausage
- 100 grams of peas
- 100 grams of carrots
- 70g pickles
- 250 grams of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons medium hot mustard
- 1/4 bunch of parsley
- salt and pepper
The Russian salad is characterized by being abundant, but also refreshing. How to prepare it:
- Peel the potatoes and carrots and boil them in salted water. Then cut them both into cubes.
- Boil the eggs. Peel them and let them cool.
- Chop the eggs, ham/sausage and pickles and mix with the diced carrots and potatoes.
- Now add the peas. Then comes the mayonnaise and parsley.
- Mix the mixture well and then season the salad with salt and pepper. Bon Appetite!
Tips: Here’s how to vary Russian salad
There are many variations of the Russian salad. Why don’t you try the following?
- An apple cut into small pieces makes the salad particularly fresh.
- You can use chicken fillet instead of ham or Lyon sausage.
- Leeks or spring onions make the salad crisp.
- The salad tastes refreshing if you add a little lemon juice to it and leave it in the fridge for about an hour.