Recipe for a quark dish: ingredients for the basic recipe
Quark is a very popular dessert dish. Children, in particular, like to eat a plate of homemade quark. They also like to help with the preparation. The quark dish is very simple and you only need a few ingredients. The amounts are enough for two or three servings.
- 250g cottage cheese
- 50 ml of milk
- 2 tablespoons of fine sugar
- 2 dashes of lemon juice
Prepare the quark – this is how you do it
A plate of quark mixes quickly. It’s easy to make ahead of time and can be stored in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Put the cottage cheese in a bowl with the other ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients with a whisk until creamy.
- If you’re using a hand mixer, start by blending the ingredients on the lowest setting. Then stir on a higher setting for 2 minutes until creamy.
- Store the cottage cheese dish in the refrigerator until ready to serve. If you want to add fruit, crumbs, nuts, or other toppings to the dish, wait until just before serving.
Refine cottage cheese dishes – fillings for a delicious dessert
There are different ways to create an elegant dessert from the basic recipe.
- Substitute all or part of the sugar for vanilla sugar. Bourbon vanilla sugar has a more intense flavor.
- To replace sugar entirely, switch to honey or agave syrup.
- Instead of lemon juice, you can also add a few drops of orange juice.
- If you want the dish to be especially creamy, omit the milk and add 250g of cream. Gently fold them into the creamy quark.
- If you like the taste of coffee, you can add espresso to the basic recipe. However, skip the lemon juices.
- If you prefer it fruity, add fruit puree to the basic recipe. Strawberries are especially popular with children.