Peel kohlrabi – this is how it’s done
First of all, you need to wash the vegetables very carefully. Then, before you start peeling, you need to follow these steps:
- First remove the bottom of the rutabaga with a knife.
- Then cut the leaf stems off the rutabaga.
- With rutabaga, you can simply remove the skin with a knife. It is best to start from the base of the leaf. A vegetable peeler works just as well.
- The skin will get thinner and thinner as you peel it off and you should have no problem peeling it off.
- Any remaining rutabaga meat can be removed individually with a knife on the end.
Peel kohlrabi: you should pay attention to it
- Generously peel outdoor products.
- Depending on your needs, you can cut the rutabaga into slices, cubes, or strips.
- Kohlrabi leaves are also edible. They can be prepared as tasty as spinach.