One pot rice recipes
Rice is quick and easy to cook as a single dish. In principle, a pot means nothing more than “a pot”. In most cases, we only associate this with soups, but with this cooking method, it can conjure up many other delicious dishes as well.
- The following recipes refer to 2 servings each. Choose a cup with a capacity of 250 ml for the amount of rice. You need double the liquid, or twice the full glass of water.
- Rice serves as the base. This is cooked according to the instructions. It usually takes 20 minutes. The rice is already cooked. The remaining water drains off, the rice remains in the pot. Now follow the next steps as per the recipes.
- Recipe 1 – Rice with vegetables in butter: Cut 1 pepper and 3 tomatoes into small pieces and add them to the pot with the rice accompanied by 100 g of beans. Alternatively, you can also use 2 packets of buttered vegetables. Now everything is briefly boiled again, seasoned and tasted.
- Recipe 2 – Quick rice pudding: Another option is to enrich the rice pudding. Add about 1-2 cups of milk for every 100g of cooked rice. Add a teaspoon of sugar. Then refine the dough with 2 teaspoons of vanilla and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Let everything boil for a minute. You can now enjoy a delicious rice pudding as a dessert or sweet dish.
- Recipe 3 – Rice with Sausages: In the pot, add about 1 to 2 cups of water for every 100g of cooked rice. Then enrich the resulting rice porridge with 2-4 teaspoons of vegetable or meat broth and reheat the pot.
- Now add 3 finely chopped sausages and 1 can of corn. Children especially enjoy this delicious all-in-one dish.
Meatless One Pot Ideas
One-pot dishes are also especially suitable for vegetarians. Simply omit the sausage and/or meat from the recipes and you can also enjoy each dish as a vegetarian. Alternatively, other foods may be chosen as the base ingredient. In addition to rice, noodles or just vegetables are also very suitable.
- Recipe 4 – Noodles with colored vegetables: The noodles are used here as a base. Boil 500 g of pasta and add 200 g of frozen vegetables to the pasta water. The pasta water is not poured. Then season everything as usual and according to your preferences. As an additional seasoning, you can also use 2 bay leaves and 2 cloves, for example. To refine it, add 2 teaspoons of cooking cream to the dish at the end.
- Recipe 5 – Carrot and Potato Soup: Peel 200g of carrots and potatoes and cut into small pieces. Now put them in a pan and cook them for about 15 minutes. Then season both with salt and pepper. Finally add 1 to 2 finely chopped onions. Enjoy this vegetable variation with a piece of fresh bread or a baguette.
- With any one pot recipe, be sure to stir regularly. The trick is not to let it all burn. It is better to cook food on low heat rather than too high.
- It is best to always season the food at the end. This way you can be sure that nothing is overcooked and that the flavor is no longer distorted during cooking. Bon Appetite!