Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie
In a double boiler you can melt your chocolate quickly and easily if you do it right. What is important and what tips will help you in particular, read below:
- Chocolate burns at high temperatures, so avoid placing the container directly in the water. The resulting steam is enough to melt the chocolate.
- It is better to take a container for melting to put it in a water bath. Hang the bowl of fondant in the pot, so it doesn’t come into contact with the water.
- You must stir the chocolate all the time or it will burn on the shell. Break the slab beforehand, this will facilitate its fusion.
These Tricks Will Melt Chocolate
- If you melt chocolate at too high a temperature, the milk in it usually burns. Therefore, dark chocolate with a high cocoa content is more suitable.
- Don’t put water in the chocolate, as this will cause it to clump together very quickly and become unusable.
- You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave. To do this, place the pieces in a microwaveable container. Next, set your microwave to low and heat the chocolate for 15 seconds, then stir. Continue in this order until the chocolate is completely melted.