Making vanilla sugar yourself – this is how it works
To make vanilla sugar, you will need 200 grams of sugar, a vanilla bean, and a screw-top jar.
- Pour the sugar into the sterilized jar.
- Then add all the vanilla bean.
- Close the jar and let the sugar infuse in a cool, dark place for several days.
- One capsule is enough for at least 3 glass fills. So when the first sugar runs out, you just need to refill the container.
- Note: The sugar draws the moisture out of the vanilla. So you don’t have to worry about mold.
Reuse the vanilla bean
After a few days, you can take the vanilla out of the jar and process it further.
- Open the pod and scrape out the pulp.
- You can use the vanilla brand, for example B. Use it to cook pudding or to make vanilla milk.
- The shell of the pod can also be reused to make vanilla sugar. There is still enough flavor in there.
- Alternatively, boil leftovers with water and enjoy a delicious vanilla tea.