Prepare summer drinks yourself: this is how to prepare a delicious lemonade
You can easily make lemonade yourself with this method:
- Squeeze 4-6 lemons and grate the zest. Make sure the lemon zest is also edible.
- Bring 200 ml of water to a boil. Add 300 g of sugar and the lemon zest and cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the lemon juice to the pan and let the mixture simmer for a while.
- Then let the syrup cool and pour it through a fine strainer into an airtight jar. It is best to store the syrup in a cool, dark place.
- Now you can fill a syrup glass to your liking and fill it with sparkling water. Add lemon slices and ice cubes, and voila.
Decide for yourself which herbs you want to use and how much sugar to include.
- Place fresh elderflowers in a large airtight jar. If you don’t have fresh buds on hand, the syrup will work, but it won’t taste as good.
- Now you can let your creativity run wild. Add herbs or fruit. Rosemary, basil, thyme, lemons or oranges, for example, work well.
- You can sweeten it with sugar, honey or agave syrup. You decide how sweet your soda is. A pinch of salt is also good.
- Let the mixture sit for at least 24 hours. When ready to serve, strain through a strainer and garnish with fresh herbs or lemon, for example.
homemade iced tea
Here you can also vary with fruits and herbs of your choice.
- Infuse 3 to 4 black tea bags with 2 to 3 liters of water. Do not steep the tea for more than 3 minutes to prevent it from becoming bitter or too strong.
- Let the tea cool completely. Now you can add fruits like apples, peaches, lemons or oranges. Herbs like mint are also good.
- Sweeten to taste as mentioned above and let sit for at least 24 hours. Of course, iced tea tastes best when served over ice.