How to make chard lasagna
For the chard lasagna, you need ingredients for the dough and the filling. Depending on your tastes and the contents of your fridge, you can also change the ingredients.
- For the dough you will need 400 g of flour, salt, four eggs and two tablespoons of olive oil.
- For the filling you will need 800 g of chard, two shallots, two cloves of garlic, two tablespoons of butter, two tablespoons of flour, 400 ml of milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and 75 g of grated cheese.
- For the dough, first put the flour and a pinch of salt on the work surface. Then put the egg and oil in a well.
- Mix everything well. If the liquid is not enough, you can add a little cold water.
- Then, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Now you have to wash, de-stem and blanch the chard. Then soak, dry and finely chop.
- Finely chop the peeled shallot and garlic as well.
- Now put the butter in a pan and fry the garlic and shallot in the butter. Then sprinkle the butter with flour and deglaze with the milk. The mass should simmer over low heat. Then season everything with salt and pepper.
- Now preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Then take the dough out of the fridge and divide it into three parts. Now you need to roll out the dough very thin or run it through a pasta maker.
- Put some sauce in a saucepan and put a plate of pasta in it. Spread the chard over the pasta dish and pour the sauce over it. Then place another sheet of pasta on top and repeat the process until you’ve used all of it.
- On top there should be a sheet of pasta and sauce.
- Sprinkle the top layer with cheese and place the lasagna in the oven for 30 minutes.
Swiss chard lasagna varies
You can prepare chard lasagna in different ways.
- You can season the sauce differently. For example, deglaze garlic and onion with white wine before adding milk. If you don’t like milk, you can use cream. Then the sauce will be creamier.
- When it comes to spices, you don’t have to stick to salt and pepper. You can also add dried oregano, chili powder, and nutmeg.
- When it comes to cheese, anything goes: use Emmenthal or mozzarella, for example.
- If you don’t have time to prepare fresh dough, you can also use lasagna sheets.
- You can also add ground beef or turkey or chicken breast to lasagna. To do this, roast about 200 g of minced meat or finely chopped turkey or chicken breast and season to taste. Then distribute the meat in the same way as the rest of the ingredients.