Make your own gummy bears: you need them
- Gummy bears are made with 100 ml of fruit juice. The flavor you use depends on your taste and the color you want the bears to be.
- Since we are introducing vegan gummy bears, use one to one and a half teaspoons of agar-agar instead of the usual gelatin.
- You also need a sweetener. It can be one or two teaspoons of sugar. You can also replace the sugar with the same amount of agave nectar or maple syrup.
- Finally, you need a tablespoon or two of lemon juice.
- To form cute gummy bears, you can use special silicone gummy bear molds. If the shape is not that important to you and the taste is important, ice cubes or praline molds are also suitable.
DIY: fruit gum recipe
- First, mix the agar-agar with the fruit juice in a bowl and let it swell for a few minutes.
- In the next step, add the sweetener and mix well.
- Now heat everything in a water bath. Stir frequently and finally add the lemon juice as the last ingredient.
- You can now remove the mixture from the bain-marie and pour it into the mold provided.
- Gummy bears now need to chill for at least half an hour before they can be unmolded.
- However, it’s best to leave the fruit gummies a little longer in the refrigerator.
- Then you are ready to snack on the first homemade vegan gummy bears. If you want to store them, it’s best to keep the bears individually next to each other. The reason: Since, unlike commercial gummy bears, they’re not sealed, they tend to stick together.