Make your own date syrup with these ingredients
In addition to the required ingredients, you will also need a blender to change the consistency of the ingredients. You should also have a handkerchief ready. It can be a normal kitchen towel. Flip top glass bottles are suitable for filling syrup.
- 200 g dates (pitted)
- 350 ml of water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod
Gather all the ingredients and materials you will need. You will also need a frying pan, a cutting board, and a kitchen knife.
- Put half of the dates on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes at 120 degrees top/bottom temperature.
- Meanwhile, cut the other half of the dates into small pieces and put them in a saucepan. Add the water and the pulp of the vanilla pod.
- Also add the lemon juice and cinnamon powder to the pan and bring everything to a boil. Then let the mixture simmer for 30 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Then add the cooked dates to the pan. The content is left to simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Then leave the pot covered on the counter for at least two hours. This gives the dates a chance to develop their flavor and intensify it with the spices.
- After two hours, puree the contents of the jar and strain the mixture through the strainer. The collected liquid is the finished syrup.
- Fill the bottles with the date syrup and store them in the fridge. He stays here for about two weeks.
How to use date syrup
Date syrup has a sweet taste. Although high in calories due to the high fructose ratio, it earns points as a healthy sweetener due to its ingredients. The magnesium and potassium it contains strengthen the muscles and the heart in particular, while the calcium is good for the bones.
- Use honey-like syrup.
- For example, put it in half a bun and eat it as a sweet filling.
- You can add it to your tea as a sweetener or to homemade smoothies.
- You can refine your homemade pancakes or waffles with date syrup.