Colorful and healthy: fruit skewers as a snack for children
This healthy snack is even sweetened and therefore especially popular with children. You probably have fruit at home most of the time. Otherwise, just put colorful fruits like bananas, grapes or strawberries on your shopping list for the next time you go to the supermarket. You will also need some long wooden skewers.
- Healthy fruit skewers are quick to prepare: cut the fruit into small pieces.
- Now string the fruit pieces alternately on a skewer. Remember that children still need to be able to hold the skewer, so don’t overload it.
- Your healthy fruit skewer is ready and the children will surely love it.
- Alternatively, instead of fruit, you can put vegetables on the skewers and quickly have equally healthy vegetable skewers.
Healthy Apple Peanut Butter Snack
This healthy snack combines raisins and slivered almonds with healthy apples and walnuts.
- Core an apple. An apple corer is particularly suitable for this and will continue to be a useful kitchen helper in the future if you don’t already have one.
- Now cut the apple into slices about 0.5 centimeters wide and spread a thin layer of peanut butter on one side. Be sure to choose peanut butter with as little added sugar as possible.
- On top you can sprinkle some raisins, sliced almonds or chopped nuts. This gives you a healthy, vitamin-rich snack that also contains omega-3 fatty acids.
Homemade sugar free popsicles
Especially in summer, such a cool and refreshing ice cream is tempting. Unfortunately, supermarket varieties of ice cream often contain a lot of sugar and are anything but healthy. Our advice: Make your own healthy popsicle for your children.
- It’s best to use popsicle molds for this.
- Fill the molds with your children’s favorite juice. If you like color, you can also fill the mold halfway with one type of juice, let it freeze, and then fill it with another color of juice. So you get two color ice cream after freezing.
- For even more fizz and vitamins in your ice cream, slice or dice the fruit and place it in the ice cream mold while the juice is still runny.
- Ice cream takes about 3 hours to harden in the freezer. It is best to prepare it at night and let it freeze overnight.
Oatmeal Cookies: Healthy and Delicious
These oatmeal cookies are easy to prepare and contain valuable fiber, nuts, and vitamins. An ideal substitute for an unhealthy chocolate bar.
- You will need: 240 g of rolled oats, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 120 g of peanut butter, 4 tablespoons of honey, 1 peeled apple cut into small pieces, 1 mashed banana, 2 tablespoons of seeds of pumpkin, 1 tablespoon of cranberries or raisins and 4 tablespoons of ground flax seeds
- The preparation is quite simple: mix all the ingredients until you get a firm paste and form balls the size of a ping-pong ball. The amount of dough is enough for about 10 pieces.
- Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Oatmeal cookies are baked at 175 degrees for 15 minutes and then need to cool before they can be eaten.
Healthy Fast Food: Cauliflower Nuggets
Cauliflower nuggets save you a trip to the nearest fast food restaurant and are good for your kids.
- Ingredients: 300 g of cauliflower, 1 egg, 1 egg white, half an onion, chopped, 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley, 2 tablespoons of very finely chopped cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Divide the cauliflower into florets and boil them in salted water for 4-5 minutes. They should not get too soft, but should remain al dente.
- Drain the cauliflower well, then chop finely with a knife.
- Put the chopped cabbage in a bowl and add all the other ingredients. You can season everything with salt and pepper.
- Now use two spoons to form small balls out of the cauliflower mush and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. If you like it crispy, you can brush the meatballs with a little oil.
- After 10 minutes in the oven on one side, flip the nuggets over and cook for another 10 minutes. They should be a nice golden color.
- If you want to skip the unhealthy ketchup, give the kids some homemade herbal quark with the sprinkles.