Currant jam – necessary materials
Three ingredients are enough for a very simple red currant jam recipe:
- 1 kilo of currants
- 1 lime
- 500 g of canned sugar
This is how he manages to make currant jam
Before you start cooking, you need to de-stem the currants and wash them well. Also cut the berries in half.
- Put the halved and washed berries in a saucepan. Add jam sugar to the berries. Mix well.
- Bring the berries to a boil. Cook for about four minutes, stirring.
- Wash the lime and grate a little zest. Cut the fruit in half and squeeze the juice. Put the zest and juice in the pan. Mix well.
- Turn off the stove. Then blend the jam with an immersion blender.
- Then pour the jam into sterilized jars. Close the jars tightly and place them on the lid. Let the jars cool well.