This is how you nourish yourself with foods rich in vitamins
Eating foods rich in vitamins is easier than many people think. In principle, vitamin-rich foods contain vitamins A to E and vitamin K. There are several B vitamins.
- Vitamin A is mainly found in egg yolks, liver, red bell peppers, spinach, and whole milk.
- You can get vitamin B1 from peas, pork, and whole grain products.
- Broccoli and dairy products such as cheese, meat, and fish contain a lot of vitamin B2.
- Your body receives niacin, the so-called vitamin B3, from green leafy vegetables, as well as eggs, meat and liver.
- Vitamin B5 is also called pantothenic acid and is found in abundance in liver, mushrooms, and sunflower seeds, for example.
- You can meet your vitamin B6 needs with avocados, bananas, meat, potatoes, milk, and nuts.
- Biotin (vitamin B7) is found in egg yolks, yeast, liver, and lentils.
- Cabbage, orange salad, and whole grain products are high in vitamin B9 (folate).
- You can get vitamin B12 from eggs, fish, meat, liver, and dairy products.
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is found in chokeberry, broccoli, kale, black currant, sea buckthorn, and citrus fruits.
- Your body gets vitamin D when you eat fatty fish like salmon and tuna. Additionally, vitamin D is produced by the body itself through exposure to UV rays.
- Vitamin E is found in butter, eggs, nuts, and vegetable oils.
- Vitamin K for healthy bone strength is found in kale, green lettuce, watercress, and spinach.
How to prepare foods rich in vitamins
Already when shopping, you need to make sure that you get fresh products. Vegetables and fruits should be crisp and bright in color. The older the product, the more vitamins are lost.
- In principle, there is nothing wrong with frozen products, as they are often frozen very fresh.
- Careful storage is important when thawing. Fruits and vegetables often keep better if they are stored in a cool, dark place.
- Prepare vegetables as quickly and as fresh as possible, as vitamins are lost in the water during cooking. Steamed is better because it preserves more vitamins.
- Of course raw foods are even better as they are usually very fresh and also contain all the vitamins.