Carve the chicken: here’s how
Once you’ve cooked a chicken, you need to divide it into smaller portions. So do the following:
- Use a meat fork and a long carving knife. If the joints of the chicken cannot be loosened, you will need poultry shears.
- Place the prepared chicken on a clean cutting board. It is best to place the cutting board on a baking sheet. This will keep the juices from spilling out of the chicken and onto the counter.
- When cutting, the legs of the birds are first separated. Hold the chicken with the meat fork and use the knife to separate the two legs up the sides to the bone.
- Then bend your legs to the side. Look at the bone, then use the point of the knife to cut through the rest of the leg at the joint.
How to cut the rest of the chicken
Once you have separated the sticks, the next step is:
- Now place the knife in the middle of the sternum. With a knife, cut the meat from top to bottom. First, cut the meat on the bones.
- Cut the meat from the bones. Then cut the pieces into slices.
- Then, using the tip of the knife, separate the wings from the body of the chicken. Also remove the remaining meat from the chicken bones.
- Serve the chicken on a large platter or on a plate. If you want to reheat the meat, place it in the oven at a low temperature for a few minutes. Then serve the meat with a suitable accompaniment.