Salmon with carrot: You need these ingredients for the vegan salmon substitute
To make homemade carrot salmon, you will need a vegetable peeler, a container or bag that can be sealed, and the following ingredients:
- 3 large carrots (approx. 300 g)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon caper marinade
- 15 grams of capers
- 1/2 sheet of nori seaweed finely chopped
- optionally 1/2 teaspoon smoked salt or 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, depending on taste
- a little fresh or dried dill
This is how vegan salmon is prepared
How to prepare salmon with carrots step by step:
- Peel the carrots, then use a vegetable peeler or vegetable peeler to cut them completely into thin slices.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients well until a uniform marinade is formed and prepare it.
- Boil enough water in a saucepan and lightly salt it. Then add the carrots to the water and cook for two to four minutes. The longer the carrots cook, the more al dente they will be.
- Drain the carrots in a colander, then rinse them briefly under cold water.
- Now put the carrots directly into the marinade and mix everything well so that they are completely covered.
- Put the carrots in an airtight container or bag and let them sit for a few hours, or preferably overnight.
- For example, salmon with carrots can be served on bread or on a bagel with vegan cream cheese.